Who do we support?

Who do we support?

A child has a SEN where their learning difficulty or disability calls for special educational provision, namely that is different from or additional to that of ‘normally available’.


Children have a special educational need if:

  • They have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age; or
  • Have a disability that prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for children of the same age in schools.
  • They are under compulsory school age and fall within the definition(s) above or would do so if special educational provision was not made for them.
  • A child needs to make progress with a social/emotional need


Back to SEND home page

Contact Us

Scargill C of E VA Primary School
Beech Lane
West Hallam
Tel: 0115 9320005
Fax: 0115 9447637