Our Values & Aims
Love of learning
We aim to:
- Encourage excellence
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment for learning
- Value the skills and talents of individuals
- Provide a broad, rich and relevant curriculum matched to every child’s needs
Love of community
We aim to:
- Forge many links with the wider community
- Be a responsive, responsible and tolerant community
- Look after our school and the global environment
Love of people
We aim to:
- Celebrate differences within our school community
- Promote respect and care for others as well as ourselves
- Handle conflict sensitively
Love of God
We believe it is important to:
- Meet together regularly to offer worship, praise, prayer and thanksgiving to God
- Know that we worship a God of love, justice, mercy and forgiveness
- Respect the beliefs of others
Love of life itself
- We celebrate the achievements of all.
- We foster a high level of self-esteem, believing that it is from this a truly positive love of life emanates.
As a Church School, we maintain an ethos that is based on Christian values. We encourage children to behave and act in a way that matches these values. We also promote and encourage the British Values of:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect for one another
At Scargill, we have encapsulated both of these sets of values in what we have called our Scargill Citizen Values.
Scargill Citizens are:
- HARDWORKING in order to reach their full potential.
- DETERMINED to do their best in any situation.
- GENEROUS and raise money for a range of good causes.
- GOOD SPORTS who win with humility and lose with dignity.
- CREATIVE and enjoy doing their best in the Arts.
- KIND to others and care about how they feel.
- RESPECTFUL of other people no matter what they look or sound like.
- ADVENTUROUS and willing to try new things.
- WELCOMING to others, both in school and at home.
- FORGIVING and tolerant even when others do things that hurt them.
Children are taught and encouraged to demonstrate these values and are rewarded with Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum Awards for doing so.
Welcome to Scargill Church of England Primary School. We are proud to be a Church of England Primary School and part of the Derby Diocese Academy Trust. There are 400 pupils in school, aged between 4 and 11. Our staff are committed to ensuring the best for every child and our school provides a vibrant and exciting curriculum for each individual to grow academically, personally and socially.
Our vision for excellence at Scargill is a safe and healthy learning environment where everyone is happy, excited, challenged and inspired to be a lifelong learner. We aim to do this within the context of a warm, welcoming, Christian ethos where our children further develop strong moral values.
The prospectus and website contains an overview of how the school operates and illustrates some of the opportunities that are available to our children. We are all extremely proud of our very special school family and would encourage prospective parents to come and meet our wonderful children and staff.
At Scargill, we value the partnership we have with our parents as we know that through working together, we can create a school where every child can flourish and reach their full potential.
We look forward to meeting you.
Head of School