Welcome, Year 2 to your home learning page. Each week you will find a plan sharing your daily lessons and activities. You will find videos to watch, things to read, draw and write. In addition there will be online tasks set on Purple Mash and My Maths. Remember to click 'mark it' to hand in your work. We look forward to seeing all of your wonderful work!
Don't forget you can use Purple Mash to email us any work you would like to share or if you have any questions. We are also available to contact through our department email
Miss Lang, Mrs Taylor and Miss Marshall-Clarke
Week 2 - The Last Week of Home Learning!
Well done all of you (yes, that means your parents as well!). We made it to the last week of home learning! Here are your activities for this week. Please note it is World Book Day on Thursday so we will be doing some activities linked to this. And yes you can still dress up at home if you want to - would love to see your costumes on the WBD themed Zoom call. Please see below for a reading competition set by DDAT. Wouldn't it be fantastic if one of you were chosen as a winner?!
We would just like to take this opportunity to say a really big thank you to all of the grown ups at home who have helped to support the children with thier home learning. We know it hasn't been easy for anyone who is juggling other commitments as well as suddenly becoming a full time teacher! But we have been really pleased that all of the children have engaged with the home learning and done their best in these very strange circumstances.
We are really looking forward to having you all back in school next week. We are sure your parents feel the same too...!
Last week - we can do this!
English and Spellings
60 Second Reads
- Antarctic Gazette Activity Card.pdf
- Arctic Yoga Activity Card.pdf
- Polar Bear - Fascinating Facts Activity Card.pdf
- What Happened to Captain Scott Activity Card.pdf
- Activity Growing and Changing Mini Book.pdf
- Lesson 2 WALT, Pre and Post.pdf
- Growing and Changing Matching Cards.pdf
- Lesson 2 Human Life Cycle.pdf
Thursday World Book Day Plan
- The Sound Collector – Roger McGough.pdf
- The Masked Reader Quiz.pdf
- Book Cover Design.pdf
- Finger Puppet Template.pdf
- Book Scavenger Hunt.pdf
- Design a bookmark.pdf
- KS1 Wordsearch.pdf
- Top 5s.pdf
Hi Year 2! We hope you have all had a lovely half-term and are ready for some new learning. This
half-term our topic is called 'Wheels, Wings and Wonderful Things!' We are going to be learning about lots of different people from the past who have been 'significant' in changing something or inventing something new. In English we are writing Biographies, in Maths we are learning about Division and in Science we are learning about Animals and Humans. We are going to be thinking about Easter in RE and have a really fun D&T project to do in the last week of the term! So it's busy, busy, busy but we know you can do it! Keep working hard at home and we really hope it wont be long before you can all come back to school!
Miss Marshall-Clarke, Miss Lang and Mrs Taylor
English and Spellings
- Lesson 1 Questions.pdf
- Lesson 2 Features and 5ws.pdf
- Lesson 3 Past tense verb sorting.pdf
- Lesson 3 Past and Present sentence sorting.pdf
- Family member research sheet.pdf
Reading Comprehension (Friday)
If your child finds reading a litle more tricky, please use these activities below for the Reading Comprehension lesson on Friday.
If your child is finding the Maths a bit tricky, have a go at the activities on the adapted plan instead.
60 Second Reads
- Advice from a Dentist Activity Card.pdf
- A Postcard from Mo Farah Activity Card.pdf
- Doctor's Orders Activity Card.pdf
- Marvellous Moon Tours Activity Card.pdf
- Knowledge Organiser Year 2 Animals inc Humans.pdf
- Lesson 1.pdf
- Lesson 1 WALT pre and post.pdf
- Frog lifecycle 1 star.pdf
- Frog lifecycle 2 star.pdf
- Frog lifecycle 3 star.pdf
- Lifecycle of a Butterfly independent activity.pdf
- Spelling Frame link to practise this week's spelling rule (1)
- Speling Frame link to practise this week's spelling rule (2)